You can edit a few areas as part of the initial setup of the software that can be rolled out across your firm.
Items that can be edited are:
- Type of shapes and colours for entities
- Type of relationship line that is drawn
- Settings for the output
- Default settings for the preview screen
What file to edit?
It is recommended that you take a backup of the below file before you start editing this item.
- The file to edit is here:
- C:\users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Smarter Business Software\Vizulate
- Where %username% is the username of the user.
- Navigate to this folder, open the config.INI file in notepad and then you can edit it.
How to roll these setting out across your users?
Once you have customized the file, you can then email that file to your other users and get them to copy this into the above file (e.g. C:\users......).
Editing - types of shapes and colours for entities
Locate the area within the file called [Shape Settings]. You are able to change the colour and shape type within this area. The types of options are:
- Types of shapes: rectangle, circle, diamond, roundedrectangle, linedbox
- Colours of shapes: blue, black, red, orange, purple, green
Editing - type of relationship lines
Locate the area within the file called [Relationship Settings]. You are able to change the type of line that is drawn within this area. The two options are either a straight (will draw directly between the shapes for the relationship) or elbow (e.g. a line which has 90 degree bends in it).
Editing - settings for the output
Locate the area within the file called [Output Settings]. From here you can edit a variety of items for how it shows in the final diagram (for example type of font, arrow size, date formats, margins, firm logo etc).
The Logo can be set by modifying the filename specified in the diagramsh.logo.filename setting within the [Output Settings] grouping.
This would then display the file within the Images subdirectory of the Vizulate™ settings folder e.g.
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Smarter Business Software\Vizulate\Images
For example: diagramsh.logo.filename=FirmLogo.png would display C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Smarter Business Software\Vizulate\Images\FirmLogo.png as the logo in all generated diagrams
Default Legend Position
You can edit the default position of the legend on this screen:
legend.position=none / top / bottom